YOUTH BATIK WORKSHOPS - empowering youth
These workshops are for schools, colleges and organizations with youths exclusively.
The facts are that art education makes a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has proven to help level the "learning field” across socio-economic boundaries. Here are a few points why your child needs art education:
• Art has a measurable impact on youth at risk in deterring delinquent behaviour and truancy problems while also increasing overall academic performance among those youth engaged in after school and holiday programmes targeted toward delinquency prevention.
• It strengthens student problem-solving and critical thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success.
• Art helps students develop a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, and goal-setting—skills needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
• It can help troubled youth, providing an alternative to destructive behavior and another way for students to approach learning.
• It provides another opportunity for parental, community, and business involvement with schools, including arts and humanities organizations.
• Art helps all students develop more appreciation and understanding of the world around them.